Thursday, November 10, 2016

Front squats & lower body circuit work

I love Saturday's. They always go in this order:

8am: Train hard
10am: Eat food
Noon: Go for coffee
2pm - 5pm: Shop
5pm - 9pm: Eat eat eat
Sleep

It's the ideal day in my opinion and I always look forward to Saturdays. :) Yesterday was more of the same.

My coach had me performing less sets overall but more reps. Like a total rookie, I assumed this would be a cinch until I found myself nearly blowing a gasket trying to incorporate Front Squats for sets of 8 in a circuit. Quads and lunges ... on.... FIRE.

All in all, I did a sick medley of Single Leg RDLs, Bulgarian Split Squats, Front squats, GHR, and then iced it off with an obscene amount of bodyweight step-ups and squats. I skipped the glute bridges at the end but that is our secret. Two more weeks on this training block before we switch it up!



The guy using this bar ^^^ got upset at me because I took a set of 5# plates that were on the floor by him while I was working up for my Front Squats. Umm... he already had SIX nickels on his friggin' bar. Apparently he was going for eight. (O_o) Silly rabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment