Monday, November 7, 2016

Upper Body Day

My upper body session yesterday went really well! I've struggled a bit lately getting motivated to train upper body because since I've retired from benching back in June, it has just seemed kind of ... blah. But yesterday was much better!

I started off with supersets of pull-ups and overhead press. My pull-ups aren't strong enough *yet* to be able to get good working sets unassisted, especially when combined with other lifts so I used a band for assistance. My pull-ups < my chins.
Moved on to some barbell corner press (one of my favorite exercises) and heavy single arm DB rows.

I was supposed to be pounding the tire to smithereens with the sledgehammer but the owner had a big circuit going using it so I did a few intervals of 30 second heavy KB swings instead.

I finished up with 30 minutes of cardio! This was different since I currently do... well, NO cardio whatsoever.

All in all it was a good session. I'll get some video up next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment